Before Your Wax
- Hair should be 1/2 an inch long or about three weeks without shaving, at least.
- Skip the lotion. Don’t apply creams, lotions or gels to the area that will be waxed the day of your appointment.
- Tanning before your wax can cause the skin to lift. Avoid tanning 24 hours before or after your treatment.
- To reduce discomfort, take an aspirin or ibuprofen 30 minutes before your appointment. Take it easy on the caffeine as well.
- Wear comfy underwear. Super tight clothing can irritate your freshly waxed skin.
- For best results use a daily moisturizer and exfoliate 2-3 times per week. Dry skin can cause hair breakage during a wax. Just remember: do not moisturize or exfoliate the day of treatment. The day before? Go for it!
After Your Wax
- Do not use any products on the waxed area until the following day.
- Keep follicles clean by showering immediately after exercise.
- No swimming pool, hot tub or sauna activity for 24 hours after your wax. These activities encourage bacterial growth.
- Moisturize daily.
- Avoid tanning for 24 hours after your wax. Tanning after a wax can cause irritation and even burns your skin.
- EXFOLIATE! At least 2-3 times a week.
- If you are prone to bumps or ingrown hairs, we suggest using an antimicrobial treatment such as Finipil or a roll-on chemical exfoliant, such as PFB.
- Keep it up! Wax maintenance is easier and less painful. We recommend booking every 5-6 weeks.